/ SECTION 1. This act may be cited as the "Spending Accountability Act of 2011".
SECTION 2. Article 1, Chapter 7, Title 2 of the 1976 Code is amended by adding:
"Section 2-7-125. (A) For purposes of this section, a 'recorded roll call vote' means a vote recorded in the journals of the respective houses of the General Assembly, which must be by yeas and nays and recorded by name.
(B) The Annual General Appropriations Bill must be considered section by section on second reading, and must receive a recorded roll call vote by the House of Representatives and the Senate when the pending question is the adoption of an individual section.
(C) A bill or joint resolution must receive a recorded roll call vote by the House of Representatives and the Senate when:
(1) the pending question is adoption of a conference or free conference report;
(2) the pending question is the passage of a bill or joint resolution on second reading;
(3) either the House of Representatives or the Senate agrees to the other body's amendment;
(4) any amendment is proposed to any bill or joint resolution; or
(5) a bill or joint resolution is amended and the pending question is the passage of a bill on third reading."
SECTION 3. This act takes effect upon ratification of an amendment to Article III, Section 12 of the Constitution of this State, which authorizes the provisions of this act. /
Renumber sections to conform.
Amend title to conform.