/ "Section 8-13-735. (A)
No Except as provided in subsection (B), no person who serves at the same time on:
(1) on the governing body of a state, county, municipal, or political subdivision board or commission, and
(2) as an employee of the same board or commission or
serves in a position which is subject to the control of that board or commission may make or participate in making a decision which that affects his economic interests.
(B) No person shall serve at the same time as:
(1) a non-appointed member of the governing body of the board or commission for a water or sewer district or a nonprofit water or sewer corporation or company organized pursuant to the provisions of state law; and
(2) (a) an employee of the same board, commission, corporation, or company; or
(b) in a position subject to the control of that board, commission, corporation, or company; or
(c) in a decision-making position concerning the operation and functions of that board, commission, corporation, or company.
(C)(1) Any person violating the provisions of subsection (B) may be assessed a civil penalty of fifty dollars per day to be remitted to the general fund of the board, commission, corporation, or company.
(2) If a lawsuit is brought to force the person to vacate either his position held pursuant to subitem (B)(1) or subitem (B)(2), and the person is found in circuit court to have violated subsection (B), the person must pay the civil penalty in subitem (C)(1) plus court costs, attorney's fees, and any damages required by the court.
(3) Any individual or entity served by the board, commission, corporation, or company has standing to bring a lawsuit in the circuit court pursuant to this subsection." /
Renumber sections to conform.
Amend title to conform.