Reference is to Printer's Date 3/30/11-H.
Amend the joint resolution, as and if amended, by striking all after the enacting words and inserting:
/ SECTION 1. (A)
Notwithstanding any other provision of law,
beginning on the effective date of this section, no state
agency, department, or entity by regulation may administratively
increase or implement a fee for performing a service or
function, or a civil penalty or fine for failure to comply with
a requirement or provision of law under its jurisdiction without
the specific approval of the increased or new fee, fine, or
penalty by the General Assembly by joint resolution on a
recorded roll call vote. General approval by the General
Assembly by joint resolution of a regulation of a state agency
or department under the Administrative Procedures Act wherein a
fee, fine, or penalty increase or imposition is contained does
not constitute approval under the requirements of this section,
and if an increase or implementation is contained in that joint
resolution, the increase or implementation is null and void.
(B) The provisions of this section do not apply to:
(1) any regulation pending approval by the General Assembly which contain fees, fines, or both that have been previously authorized by statute;
(2) any fees or charges made by public institutions of higher learning as defined in Section 59-103-5 to students of the institution for activities or materials provided or furnished to those students;
(3) charges, fees, or fines related to marine terminal operations, facilities, and services, or to charges, fees, or fines which are governed by marine terminal operator tariffs or contracts;
(4) the South Carolina Public Service Authority;
(5) federally mandated programs that require federally mandated fee, fine, or penalty schedules;
(6) the Department of Parks, Recreation and Tourism; and
(7) any fees set pursuant to the Atlantic Interstate Low-Level Radioactive Waste Compact Implementation Act.
(C) The provisions of this section expire on July 1, 2012, unless reauthorized by the General Assembly by law.
SECTION 2. This joint resolution takes effect upon approval by the Governor and only applies prospectively. /
Renumber sections to conform.
Amend title to conform.