Reference is to Printer's Date 4/6/11--H.
Amend the bill, as and if amended, by adding an appropriately numbered SECTION to read:
/ SECTION __. Section 48-59-40(A) and (B) of the 1976 Code is amended to read:
"(A) There is
established the South Carolina Conservation Bank. The bank is
governed by a
fifteen-member board selected as follows:
(1) the Chairman of the Board for the Department of Natural Resources, the Chairman of the South Carolina Forestry Commission, and the Director of the South Carolina Department of Parks, Recreation and Tourism, all of whom shall serve ex officio and without voting privileges;
(2) three members appointed by the Governor from the State at large;
(3) three members appointed by the Speaker of the House of Representatives, one each from the third, fourth, and sixth congressional districts;
(4) three members appointed by the President Pro Tempore of the Senate, one each from the first, second, and fifth congressional districts; and
(5) three members who are to be elected from the state at large by a joint vote of the General Assembly.
(B) Terms of board members are for four years and until their successors are appointed or elected and qualify, except that the initial terms of each appointing official's appointees must be staggered with the initial term noted on the appointment. Regardless of the date of appointment, all terms expire on July first of the applicable year. Vacancies must be filled in the manner of original appointments or elections for the unexpired portion of the term. Members shall serve without compensation, but may receive the mileage, subsistence, and per diem allowed by law for members of state boards, committees, and commissions. The board shall elect a chairman and other officers as necessary from its membership." /
Renumber sections to conform.
Amend title to conform.