Amend the bill, as and if amended, by adding an appropriately numbered SECTION at the end to read:
/ SECTION __. Section 61-6-1035 of the 1976 Code is amended to read:
Notwithstanding the provisions of Section 61-6-1500, the
sampling of wines containing over sixteen percent by volume of
alcohol, cordials, and other distilled spirits sold in a retail
alcoholic liquor store is authorized if the sampling is
conducted as follows:
(1) No sample may be offered from more than four products at
(2) The sample is limited to products from no more than one wholesaler at one time.
(3) No more than one bottle of each of the four products to be sampled may be opened.
The sampling must be held in a designated tasting
area of the retail liquor store and all open bottles must be
visible at all times. All open bottles must be removed at the
conclusion of the tasting.
Samples must be less than one-half ounce for each
No person may be served more than one sample of
No sampling may be offered for longer than four
At least ten days before the sampling, a letter
detailing the specific date and hours of the sampling must be
mailed first class to the South Carolina Law Enforcement
Division. The letter must include a copy of a certificate of
liability insurance for the manufacturer, the retail
establishment, or its agent, conducting the tastings.
No sample may be offered to, or allowed to
be consumed by, an intoxicated person or a person under the age
of twenty-one years. This person must not be allowed to loiter
on the store premises.
The tastings must be conducted
by the manufacturer, retailer, or an agent of the
manufacturer or retailer, and must not be conducted by a
wholesaler, retailer, or an employee of
a wholesaler or retailer, or an agent of a
No retail alcoholic liquor store may offer more
than one sampling per day.
(12) All product samples used for tastings must be purchased by the retailer from a South Carolina Licensed Wholesaler as required by 61-6-100 (3).
(13) All associated costs for the tasting must be paid for by the manufacturer, the retailer, or its agent, conducting the tasting." /
Renumber sections to conform.
Amend title to conform.