Amend the bill, as and if amended, page 5, after line 15, by adding a new SECTION to read:
/ SECTION ___. Chapter 2, Title 12 of the 1976 Code is amended by adding:
"Section 12-2-110. (A) Any legislation affecting the payment, collection, or administration of the sales or use tax which is intended to be provided as an incentive for a business to expand in or locate to this State, may not receive second reading in each house until it has attached to it a comprehensive economic analysis prepared by the State Budget Office in conjunction with the Department of Commerce.
(B) The analysis must include the:
(1) estimated number of net full-time, part-time, and temporary jobs created for existing South Carolina residents;
(2) estimated impact on existing South Carolina businesses, including, but not limited to, competitors in the same industry;
(3) estimated impact on the local job market and wages;
(4) estimated impact on state and local tax revenue, including unemployment and other public assistance programs;
(5) estimated per capita benefit for state and local taxpayers;
(6) estimated impact on private investment displaced by public investment;
(7) estimated number of 'spin-off' businesses created; and
(8) ratio of public spending to each job created.
(C) The Department of Commerce must cooperate fully with the State Budget Office and provide the office with all information necessary to fulfill its responsibilities to prepare the analysis required by this section.
(D) Nothing contained in this section requires the disclosure of trade secrets as defined in Section 30-4-40."
Renumber sections to conform.
Amend title to conform.