Reference is to Printer's Date 6/1/11-S.
Amend the bill, as and if amended, by striking all after the enacting words and inserting:
/ SECTION 1. Section 61-6-1035 of the 1976 Code is amended to read:
Notwithstanding the provisions of Section 61-6-1500, the
sampling of wines containing over sixteen percent by volume of
alcohol, cordials, and other distilled spirits sold in a retail
alcoholic liquor store is authorized if the sampling is
conducted as follows:
(1) No sample may be offered from more than four products at
any one time.
(2) The sample is limited to products from no more than one wholesaler at one time.
(3) No more than one bottle of each of the four products to be sampled may be opened.
sampling must be held in a designated tasting area of the retail
liquor store and all open bottles must be visible at all times.
All open bottles must be removed at the conclusion of the
must be less than one-half ounce for each product sampled.
person may be served more than one sample of each product.
sampling may be offered for longer than four hours.
least ten days before the sampling, a letter detailing the
specific date and hours of the sampling must be mailed first
class to the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division. The
letter must include a copy of a certificate of liability
insurance for the manufacturer, the retail establishment, or its
agent, conducting the tastings.
sample may be offered to, or allowed to be consumed by, an
intoxicated person or a person under the age of twenty-one
years. This person must not be allowed to loiter on the store
(9)(10)The tastings must be
conducted by the manufacturer, retailer, or an agent of
the manufacturer or retailer, and must not be conducted
by a wholesaler, retailer, or an
employee of a wholesaler or retailer, or an
agent of a wholesaler.
retail alcoholic liquor store may offer more than one sampling
(12) All product samples used for tastings must be purchased by the retailer from a South Carolina Licensed Wholesaler as required by 61-6-100 (3).
(13) All associated costs for the tasting must be paid for by the manufacturer, the retailer, or its agent, conducting the tasting."
SECTION 2. This act takes effect upon approval by the Governor. /
Renumber sections to conform.
Amend title to conform.