SECTION ___. Chapter 15, Title 2 of the 1976 Code is amended by adding:
"Section 2-15-130. (A) Beginning January 1, 2013, the Legislative Audit Council must conduct performance audits, oversight studies, and investigations on all agencies, as defined in Section 2-15-50, at least once every five years in accordance with a schedule adopted and published by the council. The council shall publish on its internet website its annual audit schedule. New agencies, departments, or other state entities created after the effective date of this section must be added to the five-year audit cycle and appropriate audit schedules.
(B) The purpose of these performance audits, oversight studies, and investigations is to determine if agency laws and programs:
(1) are being implemented and carried out in accordance with the intent of the General Assembly; and
(2) should be continued, curtailed, or eliminated.
(C) The performance audits, oversight studies, and investigations must consider:
(1) the application, administration, execution, and effectiveness of laws and programs addressing subjects within the standing committee's subject matter jurisdiction;
(2) the organization and operation of state agencies and entities having responsibilities for the administration and execution of laws and programs addressing subjects within the standing committee's subject matter jurisdiction; and
(3) any conditions or circumstances that may indicate the necessity or desirability of enacting new or additional legislation addressing subjects within the standing committee's subject matter jurisdiction.
(D) The report of each performance audit, oversight study, or investigation must be published on the council's webpage and sent to the chairman of the standing committees of the General Assembly with subject matter jurisdiction." /
Renumber sections to conform.
Amend title to conform.