Amend the bill, as and if amended, Section 50-11-2460, as contained in SECTION 8 on pages 5 and 6, by deleting Section 50-11-2460 in its entirety and inserting:
/ "Section 50-11-2460.
(1) body gripping traps (generally known by the brand name 'Conibear') when used without bait
(2) live traps, which also may be used to capture feral animals at any time without a license or permit from the department;
(3) foot-hold traps having an inside jaw spread of 5.75 inches or smaller when measured perpendicular to the pivot points when the trap is in the set position for land sets and
(4) enclosed foot-hold traps such as the 'Duffer', 'egg', 'coon- cuff', and similarly designed dog-proof style traps designed for raccoons;
(5) snares may be used
(B) All other traps, including 'deadfall' traps, are unlawful unless expressly authorized by the department by regulation.
(C) All traps must bear the owner's name and address either directly thereon or by an attached identification tag.
(D) It is unlawful to trap big game animals without a permit from the department. /
Amend the bill further, by adding the following appropriately numbered SECTIONS:
/ SECTION __. Section 50-11-2640 of the 1976 Code is amended by adding at the end:
(D) Each animal taken or possessed in violation of this section constitutes a separate offense.
SECTION __. Section 50-11-2650 of the 1976 Code is amended to read:
(A) Except as otherwise provided, a person who violates a provision of this article is guilty of a misdemeanor and, upon conviction, must be:
(1) for a first offense, fined not less than fifty dollars nor more than five hundred dollars or imprisoned not more than thirty days;
(2) for a second offense within two years of a conviction for the first offense, fined five hundred dollars or imprisoned not more than thirty days; and
(3) for a third or subsequent offense within two years of a conviction for the second offense, fined not less than one thousand dollars nor more than five thousand dollars or imprisoned for not more than six months.
(B) Each animal taken or possessed in violation of this article constitutes a separate offense. /
Renumber sections to conform.
Amend title to conform.