Reference is to the bill as introduced.
Amend the bill, as and if amended, Section 11-35-1524, as contained in SECTION 1, beginning on page 1, by striking subsection (A) in its entirety and inserting:
/ (A) For purposes of this section:
(1) 'End product' means the tangible product described in the solicitation including all component parts and in final form and ready for the state's intended use.
(2) 'Grown' means to produce, cultivate, raise, or harvest timber, agricultural produce, or livestock on the land, or to cultivate, raise, catch, or harvest products or food from the water which results in an end product that is locally derived from the product cultivated, raised, caught, or harvested.
(3) 'Labor cost' means salary and fringe benefits.
(4) 'Made' means to assemble, fabricate, or process component parts into an end product, the value of which, assembly, fabrication, or processing is a substantial portion of the price of the end product.
(5) 'Manufactured' means to make or process raw materials into an end product.
(6) 'Office' means a nonmobile place for the regular transaction of business or performance of a particular service which has been operated as such by the bidder for at least one year before the bid opening and during that year the place has been staffed for at least fifty weeks by at least two employees for at least thirty-five hours a week each.
(7) 'Services' means services as defined by Section 11-35-310(29) and also includes services as defined in Section 11-35-310(1)(d).
'South Carolina end product' means
an end product made, manufactured, or grown in South
States end product' means an end product made, manufactured, or
grown in the United States of America. /
Amend further, Section 11-35-1524, page 6, after line 25, by adding a new subsection to read:
/ (F) Subject to the preference limits contained in this section, the preference for all applicable preferences shall be applied to the total value of the contract price for the solicitation and not to incremental portions thereof. /
Renumber sections to conform.
Amend title to conform.