Amend the bill, as and if amended, by striking all after the enacting words and inserting:
/ SECTION 1. Article 3, Chapter 36, Title 44 of the 1976 Code is amended to read:
"Section 44-36-310. There is created in the Office of the Lieutenant Governor, Division on Aging, the Alzheimer's Disease and Related Disorders Resource Coordination Center to provide statewide coordination, service system development, information and referral, and caregiver support services to individuals with Alzheimer's disease and related
disorders, their families, and caregivers.
Section 44-36-320. The center shall:
(1) initiate the development of systems which coordinate the delivery of programs and services;
(2) facilitate the coordination and integration of research, program development, planning, and quality assurance;
(3) identify potential users of services and gaps in the service delivery system and expand methods and resources to enhance statewide services;
(4) serve as a resource for education, research, and training and provide information and referral services;
(5) provide technical assistance for the development of support groups and other local initiatives to serve individuals, families, and caregivers;
(6) recommend public policy concerning Alzheimer's Disease and related disorders to state policymakers;
(7) submit an annual report to the chairman of the Medical Affairs Committee of the Senate and the chairman of the Medical, Military and Municipal Affairs Committee of the House of Representatives in addition to publishing the report on the Lieutenant Governor's website
Joint Legislative Committee on Aging and to the General Assembly.
Section 44-36-330. (A) The Alzheimer's Disease and Related Disorders Resource Coordination Center must be supported by an advisory council appointed by the Lieutenant Governor including, but not limited to, representatives of:
(1) Alzheimer's Association Chapters;
(2) American Association of Retired Persons;
(3) Clemson University;
(4) Department of Disabilities and Special Needs;
(5) Department of Health and Environmental Control;
(6) Department of Mental Health;
(7) Department of Social Services;
(8) Department of Health and Human Services.
(9) Medical University of South Carolina;
(10) National Association of Social Workers, South Carolina Chapter;
(11) South Carolina Adult Day Care Association;
(12) South Carolina Association of Area Agencies on Aging;
(13) South Carolina Association of Council on Aging Directors;
(14) South Carolina Association of Nonprofit Homes for the Aging;
(15) South Carolina Association of Residential Care Homes;
(16) South Carolina Health Care Association;
(17) South Carolina Home Care Association;
(18) South Carolina Hospital Association;
(19) South Carolina Medical Association;
(20) South Carolina Nurses' Association;
(21) Statewide Alzheimer's Disease and Related Disorders Registry;
(22) University of South Carolina;
(23) South Carolina State University.
(B) Members of the advisory council are not entitled to mileage, per diem, subsistence, or any other form of compensation."
SECTION 2. This act takes effect upon approval by the Governor. /
Renumber sections to conform.
Amend title to conform.