Amend the bill, as and if amended, Part 1B, SECTION 37, DEPARTMENT OF NATURAL RESOURCES, page 415, after line 24, by adding an appropriately numbered proviso to read:
/ 37.___ (DNR: Lake Paul Wallace Authority) (A) From the funds appropriated to the department and the Lake Wallace Special Purpose District, there is created the Lake Paul A. Wallace Authority.
(1) The function of the authority is to:
(a) to manage, maintain, and operate the Lake Paul A. Wallace;
(b) ensure that the primary purpose of the lake is for public fishing and recreation in compliance with the federal law under which the lake was established; and
(c) provide that the wildlife habitat remain a protected area as long as this function does not contravene with the provisions contained in subitem (a) of this subsection.
(2) The Authority has the power granted to it in item (1) and subsections (E) and (F) for the current fiscal year.
(3) The Authority is dissolved on June 30 of the current fiscal year.
(B)(1) The authority shall be composed of seven members appointed by the Marlboro County Legislative Delegation, as follows:
(a) two members nominated by the city council of Bennettsville;
(b) two members nominated by the county council of Marlboro County; and
(c) three members at-large who reside near or have a demonstrable history of recreational use of Lake Paul A. Wallace.
(2) The members shall serve for the current fiscal year.
(3) One of the at-large members must be designated by the Marlboro County Legislative Delegation to serve as the chairman of the authority.
(4) A vacancy must be filled in the same manner as the appointment for the vacant position is made, and the successor appointed to fill the vacancy shall hold office for the remainder of the fiscal year.
(5) The Director of the Department of Natural Resources, or his designee, shall serve ex officio as a non-voting member.
(C) The members of the authority may receive such per diem and mileage as is provided by law for members of boards, commissions, and committees.
(D) The authority shall convene upon the call of the chairman and organize by electing a vice-chairman, a secretary, and a treasurer.
(E) The authority has the following powers to:
(1) maintain a principal office, which shall be located in Bennettsville;
(2) make contracts of all sorts and to execute all instruments necessary or convenient for the carrying on of the business of the authority;
(3) hire staff; and
(4) do all other acts and things necessary or convenient to carry out any function or power committed or granted to the authority.
(F) The authority is empowered to receive and spend any funding available through (1) the department, (2) the municipal, county, state, or federal government, or (3) any other source in order to finance the management, maintenance, and operation of the lake that is in compliance with federal and state law."
(G) As used in this paragraph:
(1) 'Authority' means the Lake Paul A. Wallace Authority, created to receive, manage, maintain, and operate the property known as Lake Paul A. Wallace located in Marlboro County;
(2) 'Department' means the Department of Natural Resources; and
(3) 'Lake' means Lake Paul A. Wallace. /
Renumber sections to conform.
Amend sections, totals and title to conform.