Amend the Committee Amendment, as and if amended by, striking lines 34-43 on page 4614-4 and lines 1-14 on page 4614-5 and inserting the following:
/ SECTION 2. (A) The South Carolina Family Court Study Committee is created to study the feasibility of tracking the outcome of contested temporary and final custody proceedings in the family court.
(B) The study committee shall be composed of the following members:
(1) one member of the judiciary appointed by the Chief Justice of the South Carolina Supreme Court;
(2) the Director of Court Administration, or his designee;
(3) the Speaker of the House of Representatives, or his designee;
(4) the President Pro Tempore of the Senate, or his designee;
(5) the Chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, or his designee;
(6) the Chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, or his designee; and
(7) the South Carolina Crime Victim Ombudsman, or his designee.
(C) The members of the study committee shall serve without compensation and may not receive mileage or per diem.
(D) Staff of the House of Representatives and the Senate shall serve as staff to the study committee, as needed.
(E) The study committee shall issue its findings concerning the feasibility of tracking the outcome of temporary and final contested custody proceedings in the family court by January 31, 2013. /
Renumber sections to conform.
Amend title to conform.