Reference is to the bill as introduced.
Amend the bill, as and if amended, by deleting all after the enacting words and inserting:
/ SECTION 1. Chapter 29, Title 40 of the 1976 Code is amended by adding:
(A) As a prerequisite to renewal of a
license issued under this chapter, a person licensed under this
chapter as a manufactured home retail dealer, retail salesman,
installer, contractor, or repairer must certify to the board his
completion of a minimum of six hours of continuing education
required under this section in the preceding two years. A
person holding more than one type of license must not be
required to complete more than six hours of continuing education
collectively for the multiple licenses during each renewal
(B) The requirements for continuing education are:
(1) a continuing education course must be reviewed and approved by a vote of the Manufactured Housing Board at one of its periodic meetings;
(2) approval of a course must be valid for two years, after which the course must be resubmitted to the board;
(3) a continuing education course must be at least one hour in length, and must concern South Carolina and federal laws, regulations, court cases, business practices, technical, or engineering requirements that affect manufactured homes;
(4) a course participant must take a written or electronic test at the end of the course, and must pass the test with a correct score of at least seventy percent;
(5) at least two hours of the continuing education requirement must concern laws, regulations, or court cases specifically affecting manufactured housing in South Carolina;
(6) an application for approval of a continuing education course must contain an outline of the course, description of the background of the course instructor, and a copy of the test to be taken by course participants; and
(7) the course provider must be responsible for grading the continuing education course test required under this section and shall maintain records of course attendees and test results for four years after the date of the course.
(C) The license of a person who fails to comply with the continuing education requirements of this section shall lapse. The board may, for good cause shown, grant extensions of time to licensees to comply with these requirements. A licensee that has obtained an extension under this subsection and certified to the board his completion of the continuing education courses required by this section before the expiration of the granted extension must be considered in compliance with this section."
SECTION 2. This act takes effect upon approval by the Governor. /
Renumber sections to conform.
Amend title to conform.