Reference is to the bill as introduced.
Amend the bill, as and if amended, by deleting all after the enacting words and inserting:
/ SECTION 1. Chapter 66, Title 59 of the 1976 Code is amended by adding:
(A)(1) There is created a school
safety task force to:
(a) examine the various funding streams for school-based mental health services and determine how these streams may best be utilized in order to provide more accessible and efficient delivery of mental health programs;
(b) examine school mental health staffing ratios and provide suggestions that allow for the full delivery of services and effective school-community partnerships, including collaboration between school districts;
(c) develop standards for district level policies to promote effective school discipline and mental health intervention services;
(d) examine current intra- and interagency collaboration and suggest ways to improve cooperation; and
(e) examine how to best support multitiered systems of support.
(2) Any recommendations made by the task force must be revenue neutral.
(3) The task force shall report its findings and make recommendations concerning proposed changes to the General Assembly.
(B) The task force must be composed of:
(1) one member appointed by the South Carolina School Counselor Association;
(2) one member appointed by the South Carolina Association of School Psychologists;
(3) one member appointed by the South Carolina Association of School Social Workers;
(4) one member appointed by the South Carolina Association for Marriage and Family Therapy;
(5) one member appointed by the South Carolina Association of School Administrators;
(6) one member appointed by the South Carolina School Boards Association;
(7) one member appointed by the South Carolina Department of Mental Health
(8) one member appointed by the South Carolina Association of School Resource Officers;
(9) one member appointed by the Chief of the State Law Enforcement Division;
(10) one member appointed by the Governor;
(11) one member appointed by the State Superintendent of Education;
(12) two members appointed by the Chairman of the House Education and Public Works Committee; and
(13) two members appointed by the Chairman of the Senate Education Committee.
(C) Vacancies in the membership of the task force must be filled for the remainder of the unexpired term in the manner of original appointment.
(D) Members of the task force shall serve without compensation and may not receive mileage or per diem.
(E) The staffing for the task force must be provided by the staff of the House Education and Public Works Committee and Senate Education Committee.
(F) The task force shall make a report of its recommendations to the General Assembly no later than December 31, 2013, at which time the task force must be dissolved."
SECTION 2. This act takes effect upon approval by the Governor. /
Renumber sections to conform.
Amend title to conform.