Amend the bill, as and if amended, Part IB, Section 34, DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH & ENVIRONMENTAL CONTROL, page 433, after line 5, by adding an appropriately numbered new proviso to read:
/ 34.___ (DHEC: Odor and Remediation Committee) (A) There is established the Oakley Determination of Odor and Remediation Committee.
(B) The committee shall be comprised of the following members or their designees:
(1) The First Congressional District DHEC Board member;
(2) The Mayor of Moncks Corner;
(3) The Berkeley County Supervisor;
(4) Two members appointed by the Berkeley Senate Delegation; and
(5) Two members appointed by the Berkeley House Delegation.
(C) The committee must study the source and cause of noxious odors affecting the quality of life for residents in and around Oakley Road in Berkeley County, and to identify and recommend remediation of those odors. The committee must issue its findings and recommendations to DHEC.
(D) From funds appropriated by this act, DHEC must provide staffing and administrative assistance to the Oakley Determination of Odor and Remediation Committee. /
Renumber sections to conform.
Amend sections, totals and title to conform.