Reference is to Printer's Date.5/28/14-S.
Amend the joint resolution, as and if amended, by striking all after the enacting words and inserting:
/ SECTION 1.
(A) There must be created
within forty-five days of the effective date of this act the
Barnwell County School Consolidation Study Committee whose
purpose is to explore the consolidation of the three present
school districts of the county into the Barnwell County School
District. The committee is composed of the following nine
members as follows:
(1) the chairmen of the present three districts or their designees;
(2) one board member from each of the present three districts, selected by the members of each district's board of trustees; and
(3) three members from the community selected by the county legislative delegation.
(B) Names of the six members of the consolidation study committee not selected by the county legislative delegation must be submitted to the county legislative delegation within thirty days of the effective date of this act. The county legislative delegation shall designate a chair. A vacancy on the committee must be filled in the same manner as the committee member whose departure from the committee created the vacancy.
(C) The committee shall study and explore:
(1) consolidation of the district administration;
(2) merging of programs, policies, and procedures;
(3) merging of the districts' technology systems, purchasing, and other fiscal activities;
(4) consolidation of equipment and supplies;
(5) equalization of educator pay; and
(6) such other related matters and considerations, however, the committee may not consider modifications of the attendance zones of the existing school districts.
(D) By March 1, 2015, the Barnwell County School Consolidation Study Committee shall prepare a report to be submitted to the county legislative delegation and upon submission of the report, the committee is dissolved.
(E) The administrations and staffs of the present three school districts are expected and encouraged to cooperate with the study committee.
SECTION 2. This joint resolution takes effect upon approval by the Governor. /
Amend the Joint Resolution further by striking the title and inserting:
/ TO ESTABLISH THE BARNWELL COUNTY SCHOOL CONSOLIDATION STUDY COMMITTEE TO EXPLORE THE CONSOLIDATION OF THE THREE PRESENT SCHOOL DISTRICTS OF THE COUNTY, TO PROVIDE FOR THE MEMBERSHIP OF THE COMMITTEE AND THE ISSUES IT SHALL CONSIDER, AND TO PROVIDE THAT THE COMMITTEE IS DISSOLVED UPON THE SUBMISSION OF ITS REPORT TO THE COUNTY LEGISLATIVE DELEGATION WHICH MUST BE SUBMITTED NO LATER THAN MARCH 1, 2015. /
Renumber sections to conform.
Amend title to conform.