1976 South Carolina Code of Laws
Updated through the end of the 2010 Session
The South Carolina Legislative Council is offering access to the unannotated South Carolina Code of Laws on the Internet as a service to the public. The unannotated South Carolina Code on the General Assembly's website is now current through the 2010 session. The unannotated South Carolina Code, consisting only of Code text and numbering, may be copied from this website at the reader's expense and effort without need for permission.
The Legislative Council is unable to assist users of this service with legal questions. Also, legislative staff cannot respond to requests for legal advice or the application of the law to specific facts. Therefore, to understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult your own private lawyer regarding all legal questions.
While every effort was made to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the unannotated South Carolina Code available on the South Carolina General Assembly's website, the unannotated South Carolina Code is not official, and the state agencies preparing this website and the General Assembly are not responsible for any errors or omissions which may occur in these files. Only the current published volumes of the South Carolina Code of Laws Annotated and any pertinent acts and joint resolutions contain the official version.
Please note that the Legislative Council is not able to respond to individual inquiries regarding research or the features, format, or use of this website. However, you may notify Legislative Printing, Information and Technology Systems at LPITS@scstatehouse.gov regarding any apparent errors or omissions in content of Code sections on this website, in which case LPITS will relay the information to appropriate staff members of the South Carolina Legislative Council for investigation.
Title 48 - Environmental Protection and Conservation
SOUTH CAROLINA ENVIRONMENTAL AWARENESS AWARD
SECTION 48-55-10. Selection committee; chairman and secretary; expenses.
(A) The South Carolina Environmental Awareness Award must be presented annually by a committee of two members appointed from each of the following:
(1) South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control by its commissioner;
(2) State Commission of Forestry by its chairman;
(3) South Carolina Sea Grant Consortium by its executive director;
(4) Water Resources Division of the Department of Natural Resources by the department's director;
(5) Wildlife and Freshwater Fish Division of the Department of Natural Resources by the department's director;
(6) Land Resources and Conservation Districts Division of the Department of Natural Resources by the department's director; and
(7) Coastal Division of the Department of Health and Environmental Control by the department's director;
(8) Marine Resources Division of the Department of Natural Resources by the department's director.
(B) The committee shall elect from its members a chairman and a secretary. Each department or commission shall provide for the expenses of its members, except collective expenses must be shared by the departments and the commissions. Members are not eligible for mileage or per diem.
SECTION 48-55-20. Committee to establish procedures for meetings, nominations, and selection of recipient.
The committee shall establish procedures for:
(1) conducting and scheduling its meetings;
(2) receiving nominations for the award; and
(3) selecting the recipient of the award.
SECTION 48-55-30. Award criteria; presentation of award.
Presentation of the award and all related announcements must be made annually the first week in February. It must recognize outstanding contributions made toward the conservation of South Carolina's environment for the previous year. The recipient shall:
(1) exemplify extraordinary dedication to preserving and protecting the environment and natural resources of South Carolina through statewide efforts or efforts in his community or neighborhood;
(2) possess upstanding moral character; and
(3) meet other reasonable criteria considered appropriate by the committee.