1976 South Carolina Code of Laws
Updated through the end of the 2011 Session
The South Carolina Legislative Council is offering access to the unannotated South Carolina Code of Laws on the Internet as a service to the public. The unannotated South Carolina Code on the General Assembly's website is now current through the 2011 session. The unannotated South Carolina Code, consisting only of Code text, numbering, and history, may be copied from this website at the reader's expense and effort without need for permission.
The Legislative Council is unable to assist users of this service with legal questions. Also, legislative staff cannot respond to requests for legal advice or the application of the law to specific facts. Therefore, to understand and protect your legal rights, you should consult your own private lawyer regarding all legal questions.
While every effort was made to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the unannotated South Carolina Code available on the South Carolina General Assembly's website, the unannotated South Carolina Code is not official, and the state agencies preparing this website and the General Assembly are not responsible for any errors or omissions which may occur in these files. Only the current published volumes of the South Carolina Code of Laws Annotated and any pertinent acts and joint resolutions contain the official version.
Please note that the Legislative Council is not able to respond to individual inquiries regarding research or the features, format, or use of this website. However, you may notify Legislative Printing, Information and Technology Systems at LPITS@scstatehouse.gov regarding any apparent errors or omissions in content of Code sections on this website, in which case LPITS will relay the information to appropriate staff members of the South Carolina Legislative Council for investigation.
Title 10 - Public Buildings and Property
GOVERNOR'S MANSION AND LACE HOUSE COMMISSION
SECTION 10-3-10. Commission created; membership; terms.
There is hereby created the Governor's Mansion and Lace House Commission which shall consist of seven members, six of whom shall be appointed by the Governor. The seventh member shall be the wife of the Governor or his designee.
The terms of the members shall be for four years and until their successors are appointed and qualify, except of those first appointed three shall serve until July 1, 1971 and three shall serve until July 1, 1973. The term of the seventh member shall be coterminous with that of the Governor.
HISTORY: 1962 Code Section 1-405.5; 1970 (56) 1886.
SECTION 10-3-20. Officers; meetings; quorum; per diem and mileage.
The commission shall elect a chairman and such other officers as it deems necessary. It shall meet on the call of the chairman or upon the request of a majority of the members, and shall meet at least twice a year. A majority of the commission shall constitute a quorum for transacting business. The members shall serve without compensation, but shall be allowed the usual per diem and mileage as provided by law for members of boards, commissions and committees while on business of the commission.
HISTORY: 1962 Code Section 1-405.6; 1970 (56) 1886.
SECTION 10-3-30. Duties.
The commission shall be the custodian of the Governor's Mansion and the Lace House, including the nonexpendable property of both places, and it shall be the duty of the commission to:
(a) Approve all alterations, additions or renovations to the Governor's Mansion and the Lace House, together with the landscaped grounds surrounding them.
(b) Acquire by purchase, loan or gift furnishings and nonexpendable property for the Governor's Mansion and the Lace House.
(c) Promote the beautification of the Governor's Mansion and the Lace House and the landscaped lands surrounding them.
(d) Promote interest in the furnishing of the Governor's Mansion and the Lace House with articles of historical significance.
(e) Advise state officials and others on matters pertaining to the embellishment of the Governor's Mansion and the Lace House.
(f) Make an inventory to be submitted to the State Budget and Control Board as soon as practicable after being organized and each year thereafter of all nonexpendable property under its custody.
(g) Accept and disburse funds which must be utilized to purchase articles of historical, artistic, decorative, or intrinsic permanent value for use in the Governor's Mansion and other buildings owned by the State of South Carolina in the two blocks surrounded by Lincoln, Laurel, Gadsden, and Calhoun Streets in the City of Columbia. Because of the nature of the articles purchased, they are exempt from the bidding and purchasing procedures of the Division of General Services applicable to other state agencies if they are in the categories of articles described in this item. All receipts and disbursements must be made with the approval of the commission. The funds and purchases made with them and gifts made pursuant to this section are the property of the State of South Carolina.
(h) Do such other things as may be necessary to carry out the intent of this chapter.
HISTORY: 1962 Code Section 1-405.7; 1970 (56) 1886; 1978 Act No. 632, Part II, Section 5; 1980 Act No. 517, Part II, Section 8; 2005 Act No. 164, Section 7.
SECTION 10-3-40. Exclusion of portion of mansion from provisions of chapter.
Upon approval of the Governor, the commission may exclude any portion of the Governor's mansion from the provisions of this chapter.
HISTORY: 1962 Code Section 1-405.8; 1970 (56) 1886.
SECTION 10-3-50. Return of articles on loan.
In the event the commission is dissolved, all articles on loan to the commission shall be returned to their owners and any article on loan which may be removed at any time from the Governor's Mansion or the Lace House shall be returned to their owners.
HISTORY: 1962 Code Section 1-405.9; 1970 (56) 1886.
SECTION 10-3-60. Rent revenue from Governor's Mansion Complex used for operation of complex.
Revenues generated from the rentals of the facilities of the Governor's Mansion Complex may be retained and expended for the budgeted operation of the complex.
HISTORY: 1995 Act No. 145, Part II, Section 13.