Download This Version in Microsoft Word format
TO AMEND SECTION 23-1-212, CODE OF LAWS OF SOUTH CAROLINA, 1976, RELATING TO THE ENFORCEMENT OF STATE CRIMINAL LAWS BY FEDERAL LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS, SO AS TO PROVIDE THAT NATIONAL PARK SERVICE RANGERS ARE FEDERAL LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS WHO ARE AUTHORIZED TO ENFORCE THE STATE'S CRIMINAL LAWS.
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the State of South Carolina:
SECTION 1. Section 23-1-212(A) of the 1976 Code is amended to read:
"(A) For purposes of this section, 'federal law enforcement officer' means the following persons who are employed as full-time law enforcement officers by the federal government and who are authorized to carry firearms while performing their duties:
(1) Federal Bureau of Investigation special agents;
(2) Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms special agents;
(3) Drug Enforcement Administration special agents;
(4) United States Secret Service special agents;
(5) United States Customs Service officers;
(6) United States Postal Service inspectors;
(7) Internal Revenue Service special agents;
(8) United States Marshal's Service marshals and deputy marshals;
(9) United States Department of Agriculture Forest Service law enforcement officers and special agents;
(10) United States Department of Interior Fish and Wildlife special agents;
(11) United States National Marine Fisheries special agents
(12) National Park Service Rangers."
SECTION 2. This act takes effect upon approval by the Governor.
This web page was last updated on January 29, 2009 at 10:31 AM