Current Status Introducing Body:
SenateBill Number: 752Ratification Number: 102Act Number: 181Primary Sponsor: LourieType of Legislation: JRSubject: Homelessness StudyDate Bill Passed both Bodies: May 15, 1991Computer Document Number: NO5/7322.BDGovernor's Action: SDate of Governor's Action: May 27, 1991Introduced Date: Mar 12, 1991Last History Body: ------Last History Date: May 27, 1991Last History Type: Act No. 181Scope of Legislation: StatewideAll Sponsors: Lourie CoursonType of Legislation: Joint Resolution
Bill Body Date Action Description CMN ---- ------ ------------ ------------------------------ --- 752 ------ May 27, 1991 Act No. 181 752 ------ May 27, 1991 Signed by Governor 752 ------ May 21, 1991 Ratified R 102 752 House May 15, 1991 Read third time, enrolled for ratification 752 House May 14, 1991 Read second time 752 House May 09, 1991 Debate adjourned until Tuesday, May 14 752 House May 01, 1991 Committee Report: Favorable 27 752 House Mar 19, 1991 Introduced, read first time, 27 referred to Committee 752 Senate Mar 14, 1991 Read third time, sent to House 752 Senate Mar 13, 1991 Read second time 752 Senate Mar 12, 1991 Unanimous consent for second and third reading on the next two consecutive Legislative days 752 Senate Mar 12, 1991 Introduced, read first time, placed on Calendar without referenceView additional legislative information at the LPITS web site.
(A181, R102, S752)
A JOINT RESOLUTION TO AMEND JOINT RESOLUTION 617 OF 1990, RELATING TO THE TASK FORCE TO STUDY HOMELESSNESS, SO AS TO PROVIDE ADDITIONAL MEMBERS AND CHANGE THE DATES FOR THE PRESENTATION OF THE TASK FORCE'S INTERIM AND FINAL REPORTS.
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the State of South Carolina:
Task force to study homelessness; additional members
SECTION 1. Section 1(A) of Joint Resolution 617 of 1990 is amended to read:
"(A) There is created a task force to study homelessness in this State. The voting members are:
(1) two members of the Senate and three members from the general public to be appointed by the President of the Senate;
(2) two members of the House of Representatives and three members from the general public to be appointed by the Speaker of the House;
(3) three members of the general public to be appointed by the Governor. These members may not have an identifiable interest with the groups provided in subsection (C);
(4) the Executive Director of the South Carolina State Housing, Finance, and Development Authority;
(5) the State Commissioner of Social Services, or his designee;
(6) the State Commissioner of Mental Health;
(7) the Executive Director of the South Carolina Employment Security Commission;
(8) the Commissioner of the State Agency of Vocational Rehabilitation."
Dates of task force's reports
SECTION 2. Section 3(E) of Joint Resolution 617 of 1990 is amended to read:
"(E) The task force shall submit to the General Assembly its recommendations for preventing and eliminating homelessness in this State. The task force also may forward to the General Assembly studies or recommendations of others without endorsing those studies or recommendations. An interim report of the task force must be presented to the General Assembly not later than June 1, 1991. The final report of the task force must be presented to the General Assembly not later than June 2, 1992. Upon presentation of the final report of the task force to the General Assembly, it ceases to exist."
SECTION 3. This joint resolution takes effect upon approval by the Governor.
Approved the 27th day of May, 1991.