Current Status Introducing Body:
HouseBill Number: 4071Ratification Number: 420Act Number: 375Primary Sponsor: JenningsType of Legislation: GBSubject: Antlered deer, open seasonDate Bill Passed both Bodies: 19940419Computer Document Number: NO5/7136BD.93Governor's Action: SDate of Governor's Action: 19940502Introduced Date: 19930414Date of Last Amendment: 19940406Last History Body: ------Last History Date: 19940502Last History Type: Act No. 375Scope of Legislation: StatewideAll Sponsors: JenningsType of Legislation: General Bill
Bill Body Date Action Description CMN Leg Involved ---- ------ ------------ ------------------------------ --- ------------ 4071 ------ 19940502 Act No. 375 4071 ------ 19940502 Signed by Governor 4071 ------ 19940427 Ratified R 420 4071 Senate 19940419 Concurred in House amendment, enrolled for ratification 4071 House 19940406 Senate amendments amended, returned to Senate 4071 Senate 19940330 Amended, read third time, returned to House with amendments 4071 Senate 19940322 Read second time, notice of general amendments 4071 Senate 19940317 Committee Report: Favorable 07 4071 Senate 19940215 Introduced, read first time, 07 referred to Committee 4071 House 19940211 Read third time, sent to Senate 4071 House 19940210 Read second time, unanimous consent for third reading on next Legislative day 4071 House 19940209 Committee Report: Favorable 20 4071 House 19930414 Introduced, read first time, 20 referred to CommitteeView additional legislative information at the LPITS web site.
(A375, R420, H4071)
AN ACT TO AMEND SECTION 50-11-310, AS AMENDED, CODE OF LAWS OF SOUTH CAROLINA, 1976, RELATING TO THE OPEN SEASON FOR ANTLERED DEER, SO AS TO REVISE THE SEASON IN GAME ZONE 5; AND TO AMEND SECTION 50-11-704, AS AMENDED, RELATING TO THE PROHIBITION ON THE USE OF ARTIFICIAL LIGHTS IN GAME ZONE 4, SO AS TO INCLUDE GAME ZONE 5.
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the State of South Carolina:
Antlered deer season in Game Zone 5 revised
SECTION 1. Section 50-11-310 of the 1976 Code, as last amended by Act 316 of 1992, is further amended to read:
"Section 50-11-310. (A) The open season for taking antlered deer is:
(1) Game Zones 1, 2, and 4: as set by the commission between October first and January first. The commission may designate the sex of the deer that may be taken and may promulgate regulations for the proper control of the deer harvest in these game zones;
(2) Game Zones 5 and 7: with bow and arrow September first through January first and with firearms September fifteenth through January first;
(3) Game Zone 8: from September first through January first;
(4) Game Zone 9: August fifteenth through August thirty-first with bow and arrow only and September first through January first with firearms. Antlerless deer may be taken December fifteenth through January first with bow and arrow only;
(5) Game Zone 10: September first through January first with bow and arrow only and with firearms September fifteenth through January first.
(B) Except as provided in subsection (A) the season for taking antlered deer is August fifteenth through January first.
(C) It is unlawful to pursue deer with dogs except during the prescribed season for hunting deer."
Prohibition on the use of artificial lights in Game Zone 5
SECTION 2. Section 50-11-704 of the 1976 Code, as last amended by Section 1262, Act 181 of 1993, is further amended to read:
"Section 50-11-704. (A) In Game Zones 4 and 5 the use of artificial lights from a vehicle or water conveyance to observe or harass wildlife is unlawful.
(B) A person violating this section is guilty of a misdemeanor and, upon conviction, must be fined not more than one hundred dollars or imprisoned not more than thirty days.
(C) Nothing in this section may be construed to prohibit the lawful hunting of raccoon and fox."
SECTION 3. This act takes effect upon approval by the Governor.
Approved the 2nd day of May, 1994.