Current Status Introducing Body:
HouseBill Number: 4240Primary Sponsor: WoffordType of Legislation: GBSubject: Berkeley County, voting precinctsResiding Body: HouseDate Tabled: 19930527Computer Document Number: PT/22139DW.93Introduced Date: 19930526Last History Body: HouseLast History Date: 19930527Last History Type: TabledScope of Legislation: StatewideAll Sponsors: Wofford Law Williams H. BrownType of Legislation: General Bill
Bill Body Date Action Description CMN Leg Involved ____ ______ ____________ ______________________________ ___ ____________ 4240 House 19930527 Tabled 4240 House 19930526 Introduced, read first time, placed on Calendar without referenceView additional legislative information at the LPITS web site.
Indicates Matter Stricken
Indicates New Matter
May 26, 1993
L. Printed 5/26/93--H.
Read the first time May 26, 1993.
TO AMEND SECTION 7-7-120, AS AMENDED, CODE OF LAWS OF SOUTH CAROLINA, 1976, RELATING TO VOTING PRECINCTS IN BERKELEY COUNTY, SO AS TO REDESIGNATE THE PRECINCTS, DELETE LOCATIONS OF POLLING PLACES, AND PROVIDE THAT POLLING PLACES MUST BE ESTABLISHED BY THE BERKELEY COUNTY ELECTION COMMISSION SUBJECT TO THE APPROVAL OF THE BERKELEY COUNTY LEGISLATIVE DELEGATION.
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the State of South Carolina:
SECTION 1. Section 7-7-120 of the 1976 Code, as last amended, by Act 371 of 1992, is further amended to read:
"Section 7-7-120. (A) In Berkeley County there are the following voting precincts and polling places:
(1) Alvin: Community Center;
(2) Bethera: Berea Community Center;
(3) Bonneau: Fire Department;
(4) Boulder Bluff-Goose Creek No. 1:
Boulder Bluff Elementary School;
(5) Cainhoy: Cainhoy Fire Department;
(6) Carnes Cross Road: Pine Ridge Fire Department;
(7) Cordesville: Fire Department;
(8) Cross: Cross Elementary School;
(9) Devon Forest;
(9) (10) Eadytown: Fire Department;
(10) (11) Goose Creek No. 2: Goose Creek High School
Goose Creek High School;
(11) (12) Hanahan: Hanahan High School;
(12) (13) Hilton Cross Roads:Sandridge Fire Department;
(14) Howe Hall
(13) (15) Huger: Huger Fire Department;
(14) (16) Jamestown: Fire Department;
(15) (17) Lebanon: Lebanon Men's Club;
(16) (18) Macedonia: Macedonia High School;
(17) (19) McBeth: Santee Circle Fire Department;
(18) (20) Moncks Corner: Berkeley Middle School;
(19) (21) Pimlico: Community Center;
(20) (22) Pinopolis: Berkeley High School;
(21) (23) Russellville: Gourdine School;
(22) (25) Shulerville: Fire Department;
(23) (26) St. Stephen: St. Stephen Middle School;
(24) (27) Stratford: Stratford Middle School;
(25) (28) Wassamassaw: New Hope Community Center;
(26) (29) Westview-Goose Creek No. 3: Westview Elementary School;
(27) (30) Whitesville-Berkeley: Whitesville; Elementary School;
(28) (31) Absentee: Voter Registration Office.
(B) The precinct lines definiing the precincts provided in subsection (A) are as shown on the official map prepared by and on file with the Division of Research and Statistical Services of the State Budget and Control Board designated as document P-15-93-A and as shown on certified copies of the official map provided by the division to the State Election Commission and the Berkeley County Board of Voter Registration.
(C) The polling places for the precincts provided in this section must be established by the Berkeley County Elections Commission subject to the approval of the majority of the Berkeley County Delegation."
SECTION 2. This act takes effect upon approval by the Governor.