Current Status Bill Number:
139Type of Legislation: General Bill GBIntroducing Body: SenateIntroduced Date: 19950110Primary Sponsor: WilsonAll Sponsors: WilsonDrafted Document Number: PFM\7006BDW.95Residing Body: SenateCurrent Committee: Finance Committee 06 SFSubject: Agency and committees, separate appropriations for
Body Date Action Description Com Leg Involved ______ ________ _______________________________________ _______ ____________ Senate 19950110 Introduced, read first time, 06 SF referred to Committee Senate 19941017 Prefiled, referred to Committee 06 SFView additional legislative information at the LPITS web site.
TO AMEND THE CODE OF LAWS OF SOUTH CAROLINA, 1976, BY ADDING SECTION 11-11-160 SO AS TO PROVIDE FOR THE APPROPRIATIONS FOR CERTAIN AGENCIES, DEPARTMENTS, COMMITTEES, COMMISSIONS, UNIVERSITIES, COLLEGES, COUNCILS, AND BOARDS TO BE CONSIDERED IN A SEPARATE APPROPRIATIONS BILL.
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the State of South Carolina:
SECTION 1. The 1976 Code is amended by adding:
"Section 11-11-160. Appropriations for the following must be considered in a separate appropriations bill which must be given three readings in the House of Representatives before the House may consider the general appropriations bill and three readings in the Senate before the Senate may consider the general appropriations bill:
( 1) Commission on Higher Education;
( 2) Higher Education Grants Committee;
( 3) The Citadel;
( 4) Clemson University;
( 5) College of Charleston;
( 6) Francis Marion College;
( 7) Lander College;
( 8) South Carolina State College;
( 9) University of South Carolina and its regional campuses;
(10) University of South Carolina Medical School;
(11) Winthrop College;
(12) Medical University of South Carolina;
(13) Medical University of South Carolina Hospital;
(14) South Carolina Consortium of Community Teaching Hospitals;
(15) Charleston Higher Education Consortium;
(16) Advisory Council on Vocational and Technical Education;
(17) State Board for Technical and Comprehensive Education;
(18) State Education Department;
(19) Educational Television Commission;
(20) Wil Lou Gray Opportunity School;
(21) State Agency for Vocational Rehabilitation;
(22) School for the Deaf and the Blind."
SECTION 2. This act takes effect upon approval by the Governor and applies to appropriations beginning with fiscal year 1996-97.