Current Status Bill Number:
3102Type of Legislation: General Bill GBIntroducing Body: HouseIntroduced Date: 19970114Primary Sponsor: J. BrownAll Sponsors: J. BrownDrafted Document Number: gjk\23169ac.97Residing Body: HouseCurrent Committee: Medical, Military, Public and Municipal Affairs Committee 27 H3MSubject: Funeral directors, embalmers; license renewal requirements, cemeteries
Body Date Action Description Com Leg Involved ______ ________ _______________________________________ _______ ____________ House 19970114 Introduced, read first time, 27 H3M referred to Committee House 19970108 Prefiled, referred to Committee 27 H3MView additional legislative information at the LPITS web site.
TO AMEND THE CODE OF LAWS OF SOUTH CAROLINA, 1976, BY ADDING SECTION 40-19-105 SO AS TO PROVIDE REQUIREMENTS TO RENEW A LICENSE FOR FUNERAL DIRECTORS AND EMBALMERS.
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the State of South Carolina:
SECTION 1. The 1976 Code is amended by adding:
"Section 40-19-105. If a licensee under this chapter fails to renew his license pursuant to Section 40-19-100(6), the board shall renew the license if the licensee:
(1) previously held a valid license subject to the renewal which has not been suspended or revoked;
(2) has not been convicted of a violent crime, a felony, or a crime of moral turpitude;
(3) pays a fee of two hundred dollars for each license and pays the current year license fee;
(4) completes the required continuing education hours for the previous and current license years;
(5) passes a written examination administered by the board pertaining to funeral directing and embalming."
SECTION 2. This act takes effect upon approval by the Governor.