Download This Bill in Microsoft Word format
A56, R114, S285
Sponsors: Senator Gregory
Document Path: l:\s-res\ckg\013fish.mrh.doc
Introduced in the Senate on January 29, 2003
Introduced in the House on April 2, 2003
Last Amended on May 27, 2003
Passed by the General Assembly on May 28, 2003
Governor's Action: June 6, 2003, Signed
Summary: Trout, Saluda River, limits
HISTORY OF LEGISLATIVE ACTIONS
Date Body Action Description with journal page number ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1/29/2003 Senate Introduced and read first time SJ-12 1/29/2003 Senate Referred to Committee on Fish, Game and Forestry SJ-12 3/25/2003 Senate Committee report: Favorable Fish, Game and Forestry SJ-4 3/27/2003 Senate Read second time SJ-75 4/1/2003 Senate Read third time and sent to House SJ-9 4/2/2003 House Introduced and read first time HJ-14 4/2/2003 House Referred to Committee on Agriculture, Natural Resources and Environmental Affairs HJ-14 5/22/2003 House Committee report: Favorable with amendment Agriculture, Natural Resources and Environmental Affairs HJ-6 5/27/2003 House Amended HJ-364 5/27/2003 House Read second time HJ-365 5/28/2003 House Read third time and returned to Senate with amendments HJ-31 5/28/2003 Senate Concurred in House amendment and enrolled SJ-36 6/3/2003 Ratified R 114 6/6/2003 Signed By Governor 6/23/2003 Copies available 6/23/2003 Effective date 06/06/03 6/26/2003 Act No. 56
View the latest legislative information at the LPITS web site
VERSIONS OF THIS BILL
(A56, R114, S285)
AN ACT TO AMEND SECTION 50-13-210, AS AMENDED, CODE OF LAWS OF SOUTH CAROLINA, 1976, RELATING TO THE TOTAL CREEL LIMIT OF GAME FISH TAKEN IN ONE DAY, TO PROVIDE THAT NOT MORE THAN FIVE OF THE LIMIT MAY BE TROUT TAKEN FROM THE SALUDA RIVER BETWEEN THE LAKE MURRAY DAM AND THE CONFLUENCE OF THE BROAD RIVER.
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the State of South Carolina:
Daily creel limit on game fish
SECTION 1. Section 50-13-210 of the 1976 Code, as last amended by Act 181 of 1993, is further amended to read:
"Section 50-13-210. It is unlawful for a person in any one day to catch more than forty game fish; however, of the total creel limit:
(1) not more than ten of the total may be striped bass (rockfish) or hybrid bass (striped bass-white bass) or a combination of them unless regulations promulgated by the department and adopted by the General Assembly by authority of Section 50-13-236 reflect otherwise;
(2) not more than ten of the total may be black bass (large mouth, small mouth, coosae) or a combination of them unless regulations promulgated by the department and adopted by the General Assembly by authority of Section 50-13-236 reflect otherwise;
(3) not more than ten of the total may be trout; provided, not more than five trout may be taken in any one day from that portion of the lower Saluda River between the Lake Murray Dam and the confluence of the Broad River;
(4) not more than eight of the total may be walleye or sauger or a combination of them;
(5) not more than thirty of the total may be any game fish not specified."
SECTION 2. This act takes effect upon approval by the Governor.
Ratified the 3rd day of June, 2003.
Approved the 6th day of June, 2003.
This web page was last updated on Monday, December 7, 2009 at 10:15 A.M.