Download This Bill in Microsoft Word format
Indicates Matter Stricken
Indicates New Matter
Sponsors: Reps. Talley, Anthony, Davenport, Lee, Littlejohn, W.D. Smith and Walker
Document Path: l:\council\bills\dka\3355dw05.doc
Introduced in the House on April 28, 2005
Currently residing in the House Spartanburg Delegation
Summary: Spartanburg County governing body
HISTORY OF LEGISLATIVE ACTIONS
Date Body Action Description with journal page number ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 4/28/2005 House Introduced, read first time, placed on calendar without reference HJ-47 5/3/2005 House Debate adjourned until Tuesday, May 10, 2005 HJ-12 5/10/2005 House Committed to Spartanburg Delegation HJ-8
View the latest legislative information at the LPITS web site
VERSIONS OF THIS BILL
April 28, 2005
Introduced by Reps. Talley, Anthony, Davenport, Lee, Littlejohn, W.D. Smith and Walker
L. Printed 4/28/05--H.
Read the first time April 28, 2005.
TO DEVOLVE THE AUTHORITY FOR APPOINTMENTS AND FOR CERTAIN OFFICES, BOARDS, AND COMMISSIONS FROM THE JOINT LEGISLATIVE DELEGATION REPRESENTING SPARTANBURG COUNTY TO THE GOVERNING BODY OF SPARTANBURG COUNTY AND TO PROVIDE THAT THE APPOINTMENT OF MAGISTRATES IS NOT AFFECTED BY THE PROVISIONS OF THIS ACT.
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the State of South Carolina:
SECTION 1. (A) Where appointments to boards, districts, commissions, or other local entities are made by or upon the recommendation of the House Delegation, the Senate Delegation, or the Joint Legislative Delegation of Spartanburg County, or by any other member or combination of members of the General Assembly by reason of their representing all or a portion of Spartanburg County, all of these appointments must be made by or upon the recommendation of a majority of the members of the governing body of Spartanburg County if, and to the extent that, the governing body of Spartanburg County by ordinance or resolution agrees to accept the responsibility and the authority for making those appointments and notifies the Secretary of State of its acceptance. All appointments and recommendations must be made without regard to race, religion, color, sex, or national origin.
(B) The application of subsection (A) includes:
(1) Hilltop Area Fire District Act 863 of 1966
(2) Boiling Springs Fire District Act 1189 of 1958
(3) Startex Area Fire District Act 248 of 1969
(4) West View-Fairforest Fire District Act 1195 of 1958
(5) Pelham-Batesville Fire District Act 554 of 1971
(6) Glendale Area Fire District Act 388 of 1969
(7) Croft Fire District Act 879 of 1960
Water District Act 1120 of 1960
(9) Spartanburg Metropolitan District Act 556 of 1929
(10) Inman Mills Water District Act 577 of 1955
(11) Inman-Campobello Water District Act 939 of 1954
(12) Chesnee Area Recreation Commission Act 1957 of 1972
(13) Roebuck Fire District Act 1196 of 1958
Water District Act 1105 of 1956
(15) Riverdale Mills Water District Act 578 of 1955
(16) Pacolet Station Fire District Act 898 of 1966
(17) New Prospect Area Fire District Act 908 of 1964
(18) Drayton Fire District Act 321 of 1969
(19) Arkwright Area Fire District Act 761 of 1964
(20) Converse Area Fire District Act 178 of 1963
(21) Glenn Springs-Pauline Rural Fire District Act 768 of 1973
(22) Holly Springs Volunteer Fire District Act 551 of 1971
(23) Mayo Area Fire District Act 247 of 1969
(24) North Spartanburg Area Fire
and Emergency Services District Act 1005 of 1964
(25) Reidville Area Fire District Act 727 of 1964
(26) Whitney Area Fire District Act 856 of 1964.
SECTION 2. The appointment of magistrates as provided in Section 22-1-10 of the 1976 Code is not affected by the provisions of this act.
SECTION 3. The devolution of powers provided for in this act shall occur only if, and to the extent that, the county governing body by ordinance or resolution agrees to accept the action and notifies the Secretary of State of its acceptance. The Secretary of State shall keep a list of such notifications available for public inspection.
SECTION 4. This act takes effect upon approval by the Governor.
This web page was last updated on Friday, December 4, 2009 at 3:46 P.M.