Download This Version in Microsoft Word format
TO AMEND SECTION 50-23-90, AS AMENDED, RELATING TO THE CONTENTS OF A CERTIFICATE OF TITLE REGARDING WATERCRAFT OR OUTBOARD MOTORS ISSUED BY THE DEPARTMENT OF NATURAL RESOURCES, SO AS TO REVISE THE MANNER IN WHICH WATERCRAFT OR OUTBOARD MOTORS ARE DESCRIBED ON THE CERTIFICATE OF TITLE.
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the State of South Carolina:
SECTION 1. Section 50-23-90 of the 1976 Code, as last amended by Act 344 of 2008, is further amended to read:
"Section 50-23-90. (a) Each certificate of title issued by the department shall contain:
(1) the date issued;
(2) the name and address of the owner;
(3) the names and addresses of any lienholders, in the order of priority as shown on the application or, if the application is based on a certificate of title, as shown on the certificate;
(4) the title number assigned to the watercraft or outboard motor;
(5) a description of the watercraft or outboard motor including its make, model,
model year, or year of manufacture marine program year, horsepower, registration number, and manufacturer's serial number or, hull number assigned to the watercraft by the department, length, and the principal material used in construction;
(6) on the reverse side of the certificate, spaces for assignment of title by the owner or by the dealer and for a warranty that the signer is the owner and that there are no mortgages, liens or encumbrances on the watercraft or outboard motor except as are noted on the face of the certificate of title; and
(7) any other data the department prescribes.
(b) A certificate of title issued by the department is prima facie evidence of the facts appearing on it."
SECTION 2. This act takes effect upon approval by the Governor.
This web page was last updated on June 1, 2010 at 2:50 PM