Download This Version in Microsoft Word format
Indicates Matter Stricken
Indicates New Matter
March 8, 2016
Introduced by Reps. Thayer, Hosey, Nanney, Hamilton, Erickson, Long, Hicks, McCoy, McEachern and Bedingfield
S. Printed 3/8/16--H.
Read the first time January 12, 2016.
TO AMEND THE CODE OF LAWS OF SOUTH CAROLINA, 1976, BY ADDING SECTION 63-7-2400 SO AS TO ESTABLISH LIMITATIONS ON THE NUMBER OF FOSTER CHILDREN WHO MAY BE PLACED IN A FOSTER HOME.
Amend Title To Conform
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the State of South Carolina:
SECTION 1. Article 5, Chapter 7, Title 63 of the 1976 Code is amended by adding:
"Section 63-7-2400. A foster home may not provide full-time care for more than five children, excluding the foster parents' own children and other children who are household members, with a maximum of eight children, except:
(1) to keep a sibling group together;
(2) to keep a child in the child's home community;
(3) to return a child to a home in which the child was previously placed;
(4) to comply with an order of the court; or
(5) if it is in the best interest of the children as determined by the court or the department."
SECTION 2. This act takes effect upon approval by the Governor.
This web page was last updated on March 8, 2016 at 6:09 PM