Download This Version in Microsoft Word format
Indicates Matter Stricken
Indicates New Matter
AS PASSED BY THE SENATE
May 10, 2018
S. Printed 5/10/18--S.
Read the first time April 9, 2018.
TO AMEND THE CODE OF LAWS OF SOUTH CAROLINA, 1976, TO ENACT THE "EMPLOYMENT FIRST INITIATIVE ACT" BY ADDING CHAPTER 5 TO TITLE 41 SO AS TO PROVIDE NECESSARY DEFINITIONS, TO ESTABLISH POLICIES SUPPORTIVE OF COMPETITIVE AND INTEGRATED EMPLOYMENT OF INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES, TO CREATE RELATED RESPONSIBILITIES FOR STATE AGENCIES AND POLITICAL SUBDIVISIONS OF THE STATE, TO CREATE THE SOUTH CAROLINA EMPLOYMENT FIRST OVERSIGHT COMMISSION, AND TO PROVIDE FOR THE COMPOSITION, FUNCTION, AND DUTIES OF THE COMMISSION.
Amend Title To Conform
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the State of South Carolina:
SECTION 1. There is hereby established the South Carolina Employment First Study Committee, consisting of six members, for the purpose of studying and evaluating the need for an Employment First Initiative Act. Such an act would establish policies supportive of competitive and integrated employment of individuals with disabilities and create related responsibilities for state agencies and political subdivisions of the State. The study committee shall consist of the following members:
(1) one member appointed by the Governor;
(2) one member appointed by the Lieutenant Governor;
(3) one member appointed by the President Pro Tempore of the Senate;
(4) one member appointed by the Speaker of the House of Representatives;
(5) one member appointed by the Chairman of the Senate General Committee; and
(6) one member appointed by the Chairman of the House Medical, Military, Public and Municipal Affairs Committee.
SECTION 2. The South Carolina Employment First Study Committee must submit a report containing its findings and recommendations to the Governor, the President Pro Tempore of the Senate, and the Speaker of the House of Representatives on or before May 1, 2019. Upon submission of the report, the study committee is dissolved.
This web page was last updated on May 10, 2018 at 6:26 PM