Download This Version in Microsoft Word format
TO AMEND SECTION 44-32-80, CODE OF LAWS OF SOUTH CAROLINA, 1976, RELATING TO THE LICENSING OF BODY PIERCING FACILITIES, SO AS TO AUTHORIZE THE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONTROL TO IMPOSE MONETARY PENALTIES.
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the State of South Carolina:
SECTION 1. Section 44-32-80 of the 1976 Code is amended to read:
"Section 44-32-80. The department may revoke, suspend, or refuse to issue or renew a permit pursuant to this chapter or may place a body piercing facility on probation, and also may impose a monetary penalty on a body piercing facility or person, upon proof that the operator of the facility under this chapter or a person has:
(1) failed to maintain a business address or telephone number at which the facility may be reached during business hours;
(2) failed to maintain proper safety, sanitation, or sterilization procedures as established by law or by department regulations;
(3) obtained a body piercing facility license through fraud or deceit;
(4) violated any applicable law or regulation; or
(5) operated a body piercing facility without a license as required by this chapter."
SECTION 2. This act takes effect upon approval by the Governor.
This web page was last updated on November 9, 2017 at 2:29 PM