Download This Bill in Microsoft Word format
Indicates Matter Stricken
Indicates New Matter
Sponsors: Senator Reese
Document Path: l:\council\bills\jn\3106cz19.docx
Introduced in the Senate on May 9, 2019
Currently residing in the Senate Committee on Fish, Game and Forestry
Summary: Lake Bowen
HISTORY OF LEGISLATIVE ACTIONS
Date Body Action Description with journal page number ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 5/9/2019 Senate Introduced and read first time (Senate Journal-page 3) 5/9/2019 Senate Referred to Committee on Fish, Game and Forestry (Senate Journal-page 3)
View the latest legislative information at the website
VERSIONS OF THIS BILL
TO AMEND SECTION 50-25-1320, CODE OF LAWS OF SOUTH CAROLINA, 1976, RELATING TO RESTRICTIONS ON LAKE WILLIAM C. BOWEN, SO AS TO PROVIDE CERTAIN RESTRICTIONS ON DRONE SURVEILLANCE ON THE LAKE.
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the State of South Carolina:
SECTION 1. Section 50-25-1320 of the 1976 Code is amended to read:
"Section 50-25-1320. On Lake William C. Bowen:
(1) No boat, watercraft, or any other type of vessel with an outboard motor having a horsepower rating in excess of one hundred fifteen horsepower is permitted.
(2) No boat, watercraft, or any other type of vessel with an outboard motor in excess of the United States Coast Guard rating, with Coast Guard rating plate missing or changed, is permitted.
(3) No boat, watercraft, or any other type of vessel powered by an outdrive or inboard motor having an engine automotive horsepower rating in excess of one hundred ninety horsepower is permitted. This restriction does not apply to towboats which have been approved by the American Waterski Association or any Coast Guard approved boat commonly referred to as an inboard boat designed by the manufacturer for towing waterskiers with the motor or engine located near the midpoint of the boat between the bow and stern, propeller driven by a single rod drive shaft extending through the hull with the propeller located under the boat in front of a rudder.
(4) There is no minimum or maximum restriction on length of boats, watercraft, or any other type of vessel. Boats, watercraft, and other vessels operated for law enforcement, emergency medical services, or dam maintenance and repair are exempted from the restrictions in items (1) and (3) of this section.
(5) All drone surveillance only is allowed by a certified and highly trained drone pilot above the surface level of the lake water and adjoining buffer zone of property between the water line and the contour line 827. A drone may not be flown below an altitude of two hundred feet above the water level and adjoining buffer zone. No drones may fly lower than five thousand feet on any adjoining property around Lake Bowen and Lake Blalock above the adjoining buffer zone and the surrounding road right of way."
SECTION 2. This act takes effect upon approval by the Governor.
This web page was last updated on May 14, 2019 at 1:45 PM