Download This Bill in Microsoft Word format
Indicates Matter Stricken
Indicates New Matter
Sponsors: Senator Matthews
Document Path: l:\s-res\mbm\018coll.kmm.mbm.docx
Introduced in the Senate on April 6, 2022
Introduced in the House on April 19, 2022
Currently residing in the House Committee on Judiciary
Summary: Walterboro-Colleton County Airport Commission
HISTORY OF LEGISLATIVE ACTIONS
Date Body Action Description with journal page number ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 4/6/2022 Senate Introduced, read first time, placed on local & uncontested calendar (Senate Journal-page 5) 4/7/2022 Scrivener's error corrected 4/7/2022 Senate Read second time (Senate Journal-page 18) 4/7/2022 Senate Unanimous consent for third reading on next legislative day (Senate Journal-page 18) 4/8/2022 Senate Read third time and sent to House (Senate Journal-page 4) 4/19/2022 House Introduced and read first time (House Journal-page 213) 4/19/2022 House Referred to Committee on Judiciary (House Journal-page 213)
View the latest legislative information at the website
VERSIONS OF THIS BILL
April 6, 2022
L. Printed 4/6/22--S. [SEC 4/7/22 12:06 PM]
Read the first time April 6, 2022.
TO ADD TWO MEMBERS TO THE WALTERBORO-COLLETON COUNTY AIRPORT COMMISSION.
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the State of South Carolina:
SECTION 1. (A) The Walterboro-Colleton County Airport Commission is created and established as a body corporate and politic to serve as an agency and a part of the government of Colleton County and the town of Walterboro. The commission shall consist of seven members:
(1) the mayor of Walterboro, ex officio;
(2) the chairman of the county council of Colleton County, ex officio;
(3) the treasurer of Colleton County, ex officio;
(4) the auditor of Colleton County, ex officio;
(5) a member of the Walterboro City Council who is elected by the city council; and
(6) two members from the public at large, who must be residents of Colleton County, and who are appointed by a weighted majority of the Colleton County Legislative Delegation.
(B) The two members appointed by the Colleton County Legislative Delegation shall serve four year terms commencing on July 1 of the appropriate year. The two appointed members shall serve until their successors are appointed and qualify. Vacancies shall be filled in the same manner as the original appointment for the unexpired term only.
(C)(1) The commission shall appoint a chairman from among its membership.
(2) The commission shall appoint a secretary-treasurer. The secretary-treasurer may be a member of the commission or some suitable person selected by the commission at a compensation determined the commission. The secretary-treasurer shall furnish a surety bond in such amount as the commission may from time to time determine. The premiums on the bond must be paid from the commission's fund.
(D) The members of the commission shall serve without compensation.
SECTION 2. This act takes effect upon approval by the Governor.
This web page was last updated on April 20, 2022 at 9:26 AM