South Carolina General Assembly
125th Session, 2023-2024
Indicates Matter Stricken
Indicates New Matter
(Text matches printed bills. Document has been reformatted to meet World Wide Web specifications.)
TO AMEND THE SOUTH CAROLINA CODE OF LAWS BY AMENDING SECTION 26-1-100, RELATING TO FEES FOR NOTARIAL ACTS, SO AS TO INCREASE THE MAXIMUM FEES THAT NOTARIES MAY CHARGE FOR NOTARIAL ACTS TO TEN DOLLARS.
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the State of South Carolina:
SECTION 1. Section 26-1-100(A) of the S.C. Code is amended to read:
(A) The maximum fees that may be charged by a notary for a notarial act is:
(1) for an acknowledgment, fiveten dollars per signature;
(2) for an oath or affirmation without a signature, fiveten dollars per person;
(3) for a jurat, five ten dollars per signature;
(4) for a signature witnessing, fiveten dollars per signature; and
(5) for a verification of fact, fiveten dollars per certificate.
SECTION 2. This act takes effect upon approval by the Governor.
This web page was last updated on February 08, 2023 at 10:43 AM