Approved Sponsors of Continuing Education ProgramsThe following agencies, departments and organizations have been approved by the Committee as Continuing Education Program Sponsors; under the conditions outlined below:
Continuing Education Programs provided by approved Sponsors can be delivered in a variety of formats, including but not limited to: conferences; seminars; training sessions and programs; live remote broadcasts of conferences and seminars; taped rebroadcasts of conferences or seminars; audio tape presentations; web-based presentations; CD-ROMs; DVDs; or similar media under the following conditions.
- The training is conducted in a group or classroom setting. No self-study or home study is allowed.
- The subject matter of the continuing education training program must be consistent with the requirements of SC Code Sec 6-29-1340(c).
- There must be a Coordinator present during all portions of the continuing education training program. See below for Coordinator Qualifications.
- Any Department or Agency of the United States Government
- Any Department or Agency of the State of South Carolina
- Any of the 10 Regional Councils of Government in the State of South Carolina
- ACE Basin NERR Coastal Training Program – Contact CTP
- AIA/South Carolina (South Carolina American Institute of Architects) – Contact AIA/South Carolina
- American Institute of Architects – Contact AIA
- American Institute of Certified Planners Certification Maintenance (CM) approved programs – Contact AICP-CM program
- American Planning Association – Contact APA
- American Society of Landscape Architects – Contact ASLA
- Coastal Carolina University/Division of Academic Outreach. - Contact Coastal Carolina University/Division of Academic Outreach
- Coastal Waccamaw Stormwater Education Consortium – Contact CWSEC
- College of Charleston North Campus – Contact College of Charleston North Campus
- International City/County Management Association – Contact ICMA
- Municipal Association of South Carolina – Contact MASC
- National Association of Counties – Contact NACo
- National Trust for Historic Preservation – Contact NTHP
- North Inlet Winyah Bay NERR Coastal Training Program – Contact CTP
- Planning Accreditation Board (PAB) Accredited Planning Schools
In the region, these include Clemson University, Georgia Tech, University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill, University of Florida and Florida State, among approximately 65 other accredited schools. See the list of PAB approved planning schools at http://www.planningaccreditationboard.org (go to Accredited Planning Programs).
- SCASLA (South Carolina American Society of Landscape Architects) - Contact SCASLA
- South Carolina Association of Counties – Contact SCAC
- South Carolina Chapter of the American Planning Association – Contact SCAPA
- South Carolina Community Loan Fund – South Carolina Community Loan Fund
- Trees SC – Contact Trees SC
- Urban Land Institute – Contact ULI
- Be in a position of authority
- Have a working knowledge of the subject material as it pertains to the jurisdiction
- Have knowledge of the jurisdiction(s) attending the presentation
- Be able to facilitate discussion
- Be able to confirm attendance of participants
- Coordinators need not meet the exemption requirements of the State Code
Note: State law requires certification of attendance.
We have provided a model for A Uniform Certificate of Attendance for use in the Continuing Education training. This is a suggested model to document attendance at the activities. See SC Code Sec. 6-29-1360. This is not a requirement but a suggested model.
A model Uniform Certificate of Attendance
Information on becoming an Approved Sponsor of Continuing Education Programs