Current Status Introducing Body:
HouseBill Number: 3045Ratification Number: 79Act Number: 37Primary Sponsor: P. HarrisType of Legislation: GBSubject: Long-Term Care CouncilCompanion Bill Number: 343Date Bill Passed both Bodies: Apr 09, 1991Computer Document Number: 3045Governor's Action: SDate of Governor's Action: Apr 24, 1991Introduced Date: Jan 08, 1991Last History Body: ------Last History Date: Apr 24, 1991Last History Type: Act No. 37Scope of Legislation: StatewideAll Sponsors: P. Harris WaldropType of Legislation: General Bill
Bill Body Date Action Description CMN ---- ------ ------------ ------------------------------ --- 3045 ------ Apr 24, 1991 Act No. 37 3045 ------ Apr 24, 1991 Signed by Governor 3045 ------ Apr 18, 1991 Ratified R 79 3045 Senate Apr 09, 1991 Read third time, enrolled for ratification 3045 Senate Apr 04, 1991 Read second time 3045 Senate Apr 02, 1991 Committee Report: Favorable 13 3045 Senate Feb 05, 1991 Introduced, read first time, 13 referred to Committee 3045 House Jan 30, 1991 Read third time, sent to Senate 3045 House Jan 29, 1991 Read second time 3045 House Jan 23, 1991 Committee Report: Favorable 27 3045 House Jan 08, 1991 Introduced and read first 27 time, referred to Committee 3045 House Dec 12, 1990 Prefiled, referred to 27 CommitteeView additional legislative information at the LPITS web site.
(A37, R79, H3045)
AN ACT TO AMEND SECTION 43-21-130, CODE OF LAWS OF SOUTH CAROLINA, 1976, RELATING TO THE LONG-TERM CARE COUNCIL, SO AS TO REVISE THE MEMBERS, PROVIDE FOR THE AUTHORIZATION OF DESIGNEES, AND DELETE REPORTS ON THE IMPLEMENTATION STATUS OF PAST COUNCIL RECOMMENDATIONS.
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the State of South Carolina:
Long-Term Care Council; members revised; designees authorized; reports deleted
SECTION 1. Section 43-21-130 of the 1976 Code, as added by Act 174 of 1987, is amended to read:
"Section 43-21-130. (A) There is created the Long-Term Care Council (council) composed of the following voting members:
(1) the Governor or his designee;
(2) the Commissioner of the Department of Social Services;
(3) the Commissioner of the Department of Health and Environmental Control;
(4) the Commissioner of the Department of Mental Health;
(5) the Commissioner of the Department of Mental Retardation;
(6) the Executive Director of the Commission on Aging;
(7) the Executive Director of the Health and Human Services Finance Commission;
(8) the Chairman of the Joint Legislative Health Care Planning and Oversight Committee, or his designee;
(9) the Chairman of the Joint Legislative Committee on Aging, or his designee;
(10) one representative of each of the following groups appointed by the Governor annually:
(a) long-term care providers;
(b) long-term care consumers;
(c) persons in the insurance industry developing or marketing a long-term care product.
(B) Each commissioner and executive director serving as a council member may authorize in writing a designee to vote on his behalf at two meetings a year. Members appointed by the Governor to represent private groups serve without compensation.
(C) The council shall meet at least quarterly, provide for its own officers, and make an annual report to the General Assembly before January second each year. This report must include new council recommendations."
SECTION 2. This act takes effect upon approval by the Governor.
Approved the 24th day of April, 1991.