Current Status Introducing Body:
HouseBill Number: 3583Ratification Number: 130Act Number: 67Primary Sponsor: RhoadType of Legislation: GBSubject: Fox hunting enclosuresDate Bill Passed both Bodies: 19930428Computer Document Number: NO5/8916BD.93Governor's Action: SDate of Governor's Action: 19930514Introduced Date: 19930302Last History Body: ------Last History Date: 19930514Last History Type: Act No. 67Scope of Legislation: StatewideAll Sponsors: RhoadType of Legislation: General Bill
Bill Body Date Action Description CMN Leg Involved ---- ------ ------------ ------------------------------ --- ------------ 3583 ------ 19930514 Act No. 67 3583 ------ 19930514 Signed by Governor 3583 ------ 19930511 Ratified R 130 3583 Senate 19930428 Read third time, enrolled for ratification 3583 Senate 19930427 Read second time 3583 Senate 19930422 Committee Report: Favorable 07 3583 Senate 19930407 Introduced, read first time, 07 referred to Committee 3583 House 19930407 Read third time, sent to Senate 3583 House 19930406 Read second time 3583 House 19930401 Committee Report: Favorable 20 3583 House 19930302 Introduced, read first time, 20 referred to CommitteeView additional legislative information at the LPITS web site.
(A67, R130, H3583)
AN ACT TO AMEND SECTION 50-11-2480, CODE OF LAWS OF SOUTH CAROLINA, 1976, RELATING TO PERSONS EXEMPTED FROM THE REQUIREMENTS OF A FUR DEALER, BUYER, AND PROCESSOR'S LICENSE, SO AS TO INCLUDE PERMITTED PERSONS WHO OWN A FOX HUNTING ENCLOSURE UNDER CERTAIN CONDITIONS; AND TO REPEAL SECTION 50-11-2580 RELATING TO EXCEPTIONS FROM WILDLIFE AND MARINE RESOURCES DEPARTMENT REQUIREMENTS FOR PERSONS WHO OWN A FOX HUNTING ENCLOSED PRESERVE OR PUP TRAINING FACILITY.
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the State of South Carolina:
Persons exempted from fur dealer, buyer, and processor's license requirements
SECTION 1. Section 50-11-2480 of the 1976 Code is amended to read:
"Section 50-11-2480. The following persons are not required to obtain the license provided for in Section 50-11-2470:
(1) a person who acquires not more than five furs, pelts, hides, or whole animals for his own personal use during one season and not for barter, exchange, or sale;
(2) a person licensed under Section 50-11-2475 as a processor;
(3) a taxidermist who possesses a fur, pelt, hide, or whole furbearing animal legally owned by another person which he is holding temporarily solely for the purposes of processing;
(4) a person acquiring furbearing animal carcasses without hides;
(5) a person who owns a fox hunting enclosure and who is permitted annually by the department to purchase live foxes for release into his pen. The foxes must be obtained from a South Carolina licensed commercial trapper and may be obtained only if the foxes were taken lawfully in this State. Record of fox purchases or transfers must be reported annually on forms provided by the department."
SECTION 2. Section 50-11-2580 of the 1976 Code is repealed.
SECTION 3. This act takes effect July 1, 1993.
Approved the 14th day of May, 1993.