Current Status Bill Number:
1255Type of Legislation: General Bill GBIntroducing Body: SenateIntroduced Date: 19960319Primary Sponsor: HollandAll Sponsors: HollandDrafted Document Number: jud6078.dhhResiding Body: HouseCurrent Committee: Agriculture, Natural Resources and Environmental Affairs Committee 20 HANRSubject: Deer, antlered, season revised in Game Zone No. 5
Body Date Action Description Com Leg Involved ______ ________ _______________________________________ _______ ____________ House 19960430 Introduced, read first time, 20 HANR referred to Committee Senate 19960429 Read third time, sent to House Senate 19960425 Read second time, notice of general amendments Senate 19960424 Polled out of Committee: Favorable 07 SFGF Senate 19960319 Introduced, read first time, 07 SFGF referred to CommitteeView additional legislative information at the LPITS web site.
Indicates Matter Stricken
Indicates New Matter
POLLED OUT OF COMMITTEE
April 24, 1996
S. Printed 4/24/96--S.
Read the first time March 19, 1996.
To whom was referred a Bill (S. 1255), to amend Section 50-11-310, as amended, Code of Laws of South Carolina, 1976, relating to the open season, etc., respectfully
Has polled the Bill out of committee without report.
TO AMEND SECTION 50-11-310, AS AMENDED, CODE OF LAWS OF SOUTH CAROLINA, 1976, RELATING TO THE OPEN SEASON FOR ANTLERED DEER, SO AS TO REVISE THE SEASON FOR ANTLERED DEER IN GAME ZONE 5.
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the State of South Carolina:
SECTION 1. Section 50-11-310 of the 1976 Code is amended to read:
"Section 50-11-310. (A) The open season for taking antlered deer is:
(1) Game Zones 1, 2, and 4: as set by the department between October first and January first. The department may designate the sex of the deer that may be taken and may promulgate regulations for the proper control of the deer harvest in these game zones;
(2) Game Zone 5: August fifteenth through August thirty-first with bow and arrow only and September first through January first with bow and arrow and firearms;
(3) Game Zones 5 and Zone 7: with bow and arrow September first through January first and with firearms September fifteenth through January first;
(3) (4) Game Zones 8 and 9: August fifteenth to through August thirty-first with bow and arrow only and September first through January first with firearms. Antlerless deer may be taken December fifteenth through January first with bow and arrow only;
(4) (5) Game Zone 10: September first through January first with bow and arrow only and with firearms September fifteenth through January first.
(B) Except as provided in subsection (A), the season for taking antlered deer is August fifteenth through January first.
(C) It is unlawful to pursue deer with dogs except during the prescribed season for hunting deer."
SECTION 2. This act takes effect upon approval by the Governor.