Download This Version in Microsoft Word format
Indicates Matter Stricken
Indicates New Matter
TO AMEND SECTION 23-31-240, CODE OF LAWS OF SOUTH CAROLINA, 1976, RELATING TO PERSONS ALLOWED TO CARRY A CONCEALABLE WEAPON WHILE ON DUTY, SO AS TO INCLUDE THE ATTORNEY GENERAL AND ASSISTANT ATTORNEYS GENERAL IN THE PURVIEW OF THE STATUTE.
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the State of South Carolina:
SECTION 1. Section 23-31-240 of the 1976 Code is amended to read:
"Section 23-31-240. Notwithstanding any other provision contained in this article, the following persons who possess a valid permit pursuant to this article may carry a concealable weapon anywhere within this State, when carrying out the duties of their office:
(1) active Supreme Court justices;
(2) active judges of the court of appeals;
(3) active circuit court judges;
(4) active family court judges;
(5) active masters-in-equity;
(6) active probate court judges;
(7) active magistrates;
(8) active municipal court judges;
(9) active federal judges;
(10) active administrative law judges;
(11) active solicitors and assistant solicitors, the Attorney General and assistant attorneys general; and
(12) active workers' compensation commissioners."
SECTION 2. This act takes effect upon approval by the Governor.
This web page was last updated on January 30, 2019 at 9:28 AM