Current Status Introducing Body:
HouseBill Number: 4561Ratification Number: 599Primary Sponsor: JenningsType of Legislation: GBSubject: Deer season in Game Zone No. 5Date Bill Passed both Bodies: Jun 03, 1992Computer Document Number: NO5/8214.BDGovernor's Action: VDate of Governor's Action: Jan 13, 1993Introduced Date: Mar 17, 1992Date of Last Amendment: May 28, 1992Last History Body: HouseLast History Date: Jan 26, 1993Last History Type: Veto sustainedAction on Governor's Veto: SScope of Legislation: StatewideAll Sponsors: Jennings J. Harris K. BurchType of Legislation: General Bill
Bill Body Date Action Description CMN Leg Involved ---- ------ ------------ ------------------------------ --- ------------ 4561 House Jan 26, 1993 Veto sustained 4561 House Jan 14, 1993 Debate adjourned on Governor Veto until Tuesday, January 26, 1993 4561 ------ Jan 13, 1993 Vetoed by Governor 4561 ------ Jun 04, 1992 Ratified R 599 4561 House Jun 03, 1992 Concurred in Senate amendment, enrolled for ratification 4561 Senate May 28, 1992 Amended, read third time, returned to House with amendments 4561 Senate May 12, 1992 Amended, read second time 4561 Senate Apr 30, 1992 Polled out of Committee: 07 Favorable 4561 Senate Mar 26, 1992 Introduced, read first time, 07 referred to Committee 4561 House Mar 25, 1992 Read third time, sent to Senate 4561 House Mar 24, 1992 Read second time 4561 House Mar 17, 1992 Introduced, read first time, placed on Calendar without referenceView additional legislative information at the LPITS web site.
AN ACT TO AMEND SECTION 50-11-310, AS AMENDED, CODE OF LAWS OF SOUTH CAROLINA, 1976, RELATING TO THE OPEN SEASON FOR ANTLERED DEER, SO AS TO REVISE THE SEASON IN GAME ZONES 5 AND 8; AND TO AMEND THE 1976 CODE BY ADDING SECTION 50-3-318 SO AS TO PROVIDE FOR THE TEMPORARY TRANSFER OF CONSERVATION OFFICERS.
Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the State of South Carolina:
Open season for antlered deer revised in Game Zones 5, 7, and 8
SECTION 1. Section 50-11-310 of the 1976 Code, as last amended by an act of 1992 bearing ratification number 355, is further amended to read:
"Section 50-11-310. (A) The open season for taking antlered deer is:
(1) Game Zones 1, 2, and 4: as set by the commission between October first and January first. The commission may designate the sex of the deer that may be taken and may promulgate regulations for the proper control of the deer harvest in these games zones;
(2) Game Zones 5 and 7: with bow and arrow August fifteenth through January first and with firearms September fifteenth through January first;
(3) Game Zone 8: September first through January first;
(4) Game Zone 9: August fifteenth through August thirty-first with bow and arrow only and September first through January first with firearms. Antlerless deer may be taken December fifteenth through January first with bow and arrow only;
(5) Game Zone 10: September first through January first with bow and arrow only and with firearms September fifteenth through January first.
(B) Except as provided in subsection (A) the season for taking antlered deer is August fifteenth through January first.
(C) It is unlawful to pursue deer with dogs except during the prescribed season for hunting deer."
Temporary transfer of conservation officers
SECTION 2. The 1976 Code is amended by adding:
"Section 50-3-318. Without expending additional personal service funds, conservation officers may be transferred temporarily for not more than six months to counties requiring additional law enforcement manpower. When a conservation officer is transferred under this section, county game funds expended for the acquisition of supplies and equipment must be expended from the game funds of the county to which the officer is transferred."
SECTION 3. This act takes effect upon approval by the Governor.
In the Senate House _________________________________.
President of the Senate
Speaker of the House of Representatives
Approved the _______ day of __________________, 1992.
Printer's Date -- June 8, 1992 -- S.