- Exec. Dir.,, Regenesis Comm. Dev. Corp.
- Residing at 412 Shaw Ave., Spartanburg
- Born June 3, 1965 in Spartanburg
- Son of Margaret Duckett Mitchell and the late Harold Mitchell, Sr.
- Attended S. C. State Univ., 1984-85
- Univ. of S. C., 1985-88
- Attending Dominion Bible College
- August 13, 1988 married Wanda Dawkins Mitchell, 3 children, David Benjamin, Elizabeth Ann, and Hannah Grace
- Former member, EPA, Natl. Environmental Justice Adv. Council
- Former member, BMW Comm. Adv. Council
- State Competitive Initiative Task Force on Distress Com.
- Former member, Bd. of Govs., Spartanburg Chamber of Commerce
- Affordable Housing Coalition, S.C. Legislator of the Year, 2007
- Housing Fin. Authority Housing Achievement Award, 2008
- mem., Clinton Global Initiative, 2009-2016
- Home Builders Hammer and Trowel Award, 2009
- S.C. Educ. Assn. Retired Outstanding Serv. Award, 2009
- S.C. Environmental Awareness Award, DNR, 2009
- National Planning Award for Advancement Diversity & Social Change 2015, American Planning Assn.
- National Black Caucus of State Legislators Regional Legislator of the Year Award, 2015
- 50th Anniversary Bridge Crossing Jubilee of Bloody Sunday, Selman-To-Montgomery March, Fruit of the Labor Award for Exemplary Public Service, 2015
- Revitalizing Vulnerable Communities Champion Award, 2016
- Member, Macedonia Missionary Baptist Church
Sponsored Bills in the House
Service In Public Office
- House of Representatives, November 29, 2005 - Present